Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Simon Says.........Wrap it Up!

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


This week our theme is "Wrap it Up!" and the design team are using May Arts products. 

For both cards today I used my May Arts natural twine.  On this first one, I wrapped it to form a simple wreath:


supplies: kraft card base, watercolor paper, and copper shimmer paper (for die-cut sentiment), reverse of maple leaf from Clearly Besotted Autumn Flowers, distresss inks, May Arts natural twine, Impression Obsession Small Leaf set dies (Lawn Fawn's Small Stitched Leaves dies would be a good alternative), various fall cardstock, Winnie & Walter's Big, Bold Seasons cutaways, (here is the matching stamp set, which is exactly the same in dimension and size),  cupped sequins

I wet my watercolor panel, then inked the reverse of my leaf stamp in distress ink, spritzed it liberally with water again and then stamped and let it sit on the paper for awhile to absorb.  I wanted just a general leaf shape without any details.  I did this 4 times using fossilized amber, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, and barn door distress inks.  There were puddles of ink on the paper, so I dipped a paint brush into some of them and flicked the color onto the panel before carefully blotting away the excess and heat-drying the panel.  Then I added my twine wreath and and bows, and the rest of my elements.  I love how this turned out!

After those bright colors, I decided to go neutral, and for my 2nd card I wrapped my twine around an embossed panel:


supplies: kraft and beige cardstock, Taylored Expressions Leafy Vine embossing folder, May Arts natural twine, Studio Calico wood button, Simon's Birthday Circle die

Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store for one lucky random winner of our challenge!

50dollar_voucher_600px

Simon Says Stamp

Do you use Instagram?  If you do, we'd love you to add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there, too!

24 comments:

Clare said...

I love the coloring! The ink smooshing is so beautiful!! The twine is such a perfect touch for fall cards!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful splash of color on your first card, Lin - love it!

Mandy said...

Two gorgeous cards Lin! I love your little wreath and the colours are lovely
hugs
Mandy xx

Betty said...

love your first card with the twine wreath - so clever and effective!

Cat Craig said...

Your first card looks almost like free form leaves, so pretty. Your second card is a masculine delight. Wonderful posting.

Nancy said...

OMG Lin! Gorgeous cards! Love the autumn colors on your first card and the texture on the second gives so much interest! Beautiful designs!

Tricia Coffin said...

Both great looking cards. The first one caught my eye on Simon Says Stamp blog. I like how you used the negative space of the leaf die cut to watercolor within. The twine wreath looks good with the three intervals of small leaves. I like the touch of purple on the brilliant autumn colors.

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! Stunning designs!!

hugs...

Stephanie said...

Beautiful!! That background is so cool!!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

kiwimeskreations said...

Lin these are stunning - love them both, and the leaves on the watercolour paper are stunning!!
Blessings
Maxine

Kara said...

very pretty!

Heather said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, a super autumnal background with such details. A very elegant card with a beautiful embossed background!!

hugs
Heather xx

mimijudy1975 said...

Your coloring on the leaves is beautiful. I like the softness of the leaves without detail.The little flecks of the same colors adds to the fall look.i really like the embossed card with the rows of twine on the front. I'd like to try this for a birthday card for my son-in-law.

Suzanne C said...

Both are gorgeous! I love that wreath of twine with a few leaves! Beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Lin, both of them!! The first is vibrant and oozing with autumn loveliness!! Love the twine treatment on the second!

Susi said...

Both of these cards are truly beautiful, Lin - I especially love the watercolored Autumn card with those wee leaves! Perfect cards with that "Autumn" feel.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) both of them are absolutely fabulous! I love the colours and blending on the first, very pretty, and the 2nd one is simple and perfect! LOVE them :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Carol D said...

Love the messy leaf background! That's a great technique which I will be trying soon! It makes a perfect backdrop for the twine wreath.

Carol L said...

I love the splatter of vivid autumn colors on the first, and the serenity of the 2nd with the wrapped twine. Both cards are wonderful!

Cindy C. said...

Both so gorgeous! The Autumn one really pulls me in though, the watercolour background is stunning, and the wreath made with twine is simple but speaks volume!!

Michelle N. said...

Wow-both cards are so stunning! I love the autumnal color palette of the first card-but kraft and white is a fave of mine!

Bobby said...

I love that twine wreath with the watercolored leaf background. So bright yet simple and rustic.

Gayatri said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colours on your first card. Gorgeous rich autumn colours. Love it.
Gayatri xx

D.Ann C said...

That watercolor with the twine and leaves is SO very lovely!