Monday, April 3, 2017

Hugs and Happy Thoughts

I wanted to throw my hat in the ring for Altenew's April Inspiration challenge.  The colors are pleasing together, and here's what I came up with:


supplies: white cardstock, Altenew Vintage Flowers, stamped Altenew Buttercream, Warm Sunshine,  Sapphire, Persian Blue, and Lagoon inks, sentiment from Altenew Beautiful Day, Tim Holtz Mesh stencil with blueprint sketch and lucky clover distress inks

I blended 2 distress inks through the stencil, overlapping them in the center.  Then I arranged my flowers, leaves, and sentiment on top, and popped the panel above a white card base.  I especially like the way the colors blended for the leaves, using these multi-step stamps!

Here's our inspiration photo from Sveta:


Thanks for popping by!

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous vintage flowers over that stencil, Lin - love this!!

Liz O. said...

lovely card Lin! I love the vintage flowers set, actually is sitting in my desk begging for some quality time ;), thank you for sharing.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lin this is stunning - love the roses, and the fabulous background colours
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Lin. The colours are stunning together

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous Lin! Love the beautiful yellow roses against that fabulously created background.

Lucille K said...

Such a beautiful card, Lin. Love the butter yellow you used for the roses and your background is perfect :)