Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Simon Has a New Release!

.......and it's called "Mothers, Fathers and Florals"!  I was sent one of the clear stamp sets and here's the card I made with it:


supplies: Simon's Mom & Dad Icons, dps from Crate Paper On Trend and Echo Park Celebrate Easter (pink solid), Simon's Wavy Scallop Stitches die

This particular shade of pink is a favorite of my Mom's, and so that's where I started.  I looked through all my paper pads to find a small floral that was the right scale to paper-piece the letters, and unfortunately the one that worked the best is long discontinued.  I thought the straight edges needed some feminizing, so I used a scallop die to add some curves.  I added some punched hearts to finish my design.

You can see all of this new release HERE.  What's your favorite?  There's a nice mix of cling and clear stamps, dies, some ink cubes, and sequins!

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

just beautiful Lin. So much to choose from.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweetie Lin - beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Aw, what a darling card for Mother's Day.

Greta said...

Oh wow--such a beautiful card, Lin! Great use of the printed papers & I adore the scalloped borders!