Saturday, April 8, 2017

Playing with some new things.......

I added a couple more distress oxide inks to my collection and wanted to have another play with them.


supplies: white cardstock, Bristol paper, worn lipstick, spiced marmalade, fossilized amber, cracked pistachio, broken china, and wilted violet distress oxide inks, ink blending tool, water, Simon's Scripty Greetings, embossed in white, Impression Obsession Ornate Oval Frame, Hero Arts heart dies

I started by sponging my inks onto a piece of Bristol paper.  Then I spritzed the panel with water and dried it to blend the colors.  Next I took each ink individually, mixed it with water, and splatted each color across the panel with a paint brush.

I just received this gorgeous Ornate Frame, and thought it would show off nicely against my panel.  For a simple ending, I stamped the sentiment and added some little hearts.

These colors are beautiful, blend together effortlessly, and I'd encourage you to give them a try!

9 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! I love the splash of the other colors on the oxide inks!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful Lin. I just got a few more colors in the mail. One of these days they'll get cracked open.

Aileen said...

Wow Lin this is so stunning. I am so jealous seeing the wonderful effects these distress inks have. Just love the rainbow of colours and the white frame on top, perfect.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lin this looks beautiful - I think these DOX inks may have to go on my wish list.
Blessings
Maxine

nancy dempsey said...

How beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Fantastic background Lin, this is pretty!

Dawn T said...

Super pretty Lyn. Love the oxide inks.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love you Distress Oxide ink background, Lin - perfect with that ornate frame!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous xXx