Sunday, July 22, 2018

For You, with Love

Here's another card from the Simon August Card Kit, this time featuring the pretty Modern Rose Blooms cling and another of the floral stamps from Mandy's Flowers.  Since my last card was soft pastels, I went a little brighter with this one.


supplies: white, pale gold, and black card stock, Modern Rose Blooms cling, VersaMark ink and white embossing powder, picked raspberry and mustard seed distress inks, round sponging tool, Mandy's Flowers, alcohol markers to color, Doodlebug Tiny Hearts, Simon's Stitched Rectangle and Stitched Circle dies

I had first white embossed the Modern Rose onto a pale gold cardstock, but didn't like the results, so I sponged on some distress inks, then went with those colors to color my flower pot.

Here's all that you get in the Card Kit:

August 2018 Card Kit Mandy's Flowers

There are matching dies coming soon, if that's something you'd be interested in.  

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohh what a fabulous background for your flowers you have created Lin. A stunning card
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, I love this card, Lin! I am so excited to see these cards, since this is my very FIRST Simons Says Stamp Card Kits that I purchased. I loved it and had also ordered the full paper pack (after seeing such beautiful patterns). But I love the background you've created with the stamp and the rich colors you've used. It's gorgeous with the sponged colors, and what a lovely pot of flowers! Such a beautiful card and layout and wonderfully colored! Thanks for the inspiration -- as you always do, my friend! Hugs and love! xoxo

Lisa Elton said...

Love the background, this is such a pretty card!!