Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Modern Rose Background

I wanted to play again with the sweet Modern Rose Blooms background; this time I colored the stamp with some water-based markers, then spritzed it and stamped on watercolor paper.


supplies: watercolor paper, ivory, lavender and surf blue card stock, Simon's Modern Rose Blooms cling, Spectrum Aqua markers and water, Mandy's Flowers, Tonic Nuvo markers, twine and a Doodlebug Tiny Heart

You can see how the amount of water that I spritzed affected each area of the panel - it's not equal across the board, but I guess that shows that it's handmade!  It will be interesting to try this stamp in other color combinations.

I'll see you again tomorrow, I hope, for a new Simon Wednesday challenge!

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

The spritzed ink gives the background a great vintage look, Lin - so beautiful! You have a lot of patience to color the stamp with markers!!

Lisa Elton said...

That background is ever so pretty Lin, this is marvelous!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, do I ever love this background, Lin, and I love the colors you've used! Thanks for inspiring me with this SSS kit! Excited to dig into it!! Hugs!