Monday, March 9, 2020

Watercolored Heart Bouquet

These newish 3D embossing folders are really detailed.  Recently I needed a little quiet time, and decided to see how difficult it would be to watercolor the details on one of them.



supplies: white and metallic gold cardstock, Memory Box Heart Bouquet embossing folder, Zig markers and water, Impression Obsession Thinking of You top edger die

For most of these colors, I scribbled the marker on a little square acrylic block first, then used a wet paintbrush to dilute the color and paint in the details on the embossed panel.  Because what I was coloring was raised, it just took a little patience to color them.  This particular folder has a big heart and lots of flowers, right up my alley!

Give this a try if you have any of these folders, it's really relaxing!

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oodles of spring and oodles of pretty!!

Cindy C. said...

Wow so pretty!!

Betty said...

so lovely, Lin!

Barbara said...

I love this embossing folder and have used it in many ways but not like this! Great idea and one I will try! Thanks!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Great Idea!! Lovely! I want to try this.

Cat Craig said...

This is so lovely, and I am sure I wouldn't have the patience you did. Well worth the time.

Dawn T said...

So pretty Lin. A great idea to paint the embossing folder.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous result Lin - I am sure you must have felt better after your painting time. This is a joy to look at
Blessings
Maxine