Thursday, March 12, 2020

Spring Blooms

I recently treated myself to some of Concord & 9th's newest sets: Blooms Turnabout, Stitched Blooms and it's matching die set.  This weekend I had a ball trying them out!  I've got 2 cards for you today.

For my first stamping, I went with spring colors.



supplies: white cardstock, Blooms Turnabout, Altenew Green Valley, Warm Sunshine, Eastern Sky, Hydrangea, and Pinkalicious mini ink cubes, Stitched Blooms sentiment and matching die, Simon's Stitched Rectangle die, adhesive foam squares

This turnabout has 2 steps, one to stamp the leaves, and the other for the flowers.  There is just something about this particular set that really speaks to me. 

Next, because these flowers remind me of wild violets, I made a mint and lavender version.


supplies: white and mint cardstock, vellum,  Blooms Turnabout and sentiments in the same set, single flower and leaves from Stitched Blooms and matching dies, Altenew Green Meadows and middle 2 shades from Enchanted Garden and Shades of Purple mini ink cubes, VersaFine Onyx Black ink and clear embossing powder, Simon Stitched Rectangle die, a stitched oval die, adhesive foam

For this one, after doing the turnabout thing, I trimmed the panel with a stitched rectangle die, then cut from it an oval.  I wasn't sure that my stamped sentiment would show up enough, so I stamped and embossed it on a piece of vellum which I placed over the oval piece.  The vellum muted the flowers behind it so that the sentiment is clear. Those 2 were then attached to my mint card base, then I lifted the remaining panel above the card, and added a single flower at the top.

There are 8 sentiments included that can be mixed and matched for a variety of greetings - a nice bonus!

I'm not done with this lovely set  yet, so I'll see you again soon with 2 other cards I made using it.  

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Ahhh, spring! So pretty Lin!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Lin. Love both colour ways

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful cards Lin - I am very partial to the second violet and mint one!
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab color combos, Lin - you really made the most of those turnabouts!!