Thursday, March 19, 2020

A One-Layer Card

I haven't played with these Painted Flower stamps in quite awhile; I think they were my first purchase from Altenew, and I still love them!  This time I challenged myself to make a 1-layer card.  That meant some masking!


supplies: white cardstock, Altenew Painted Flowers, stamped with Sweet Dreams and Green Valley mini inks, sentiment from (retired) Technique Tuesday Simply You, Penny Black Stitched Stackers die, Doodlebug tiny heart sprinkles

I first stamped my sentiment, then added the die-cut borders above and below it.  Next I stamped the flowers, and couldn't resist adding the tiny hearts - the colors are spot-on!

This sentiment stamp is dated 2012.  It's long retired, of course,  but it is still a favorite of mine. And once again, I'm getting my money's worth from the Stitched Stackers dies - this particular one is seeing its first use; I like the little subtle detail it adds here.  It's just a simple line-die, and never shows up in the pictures of this die set, which is primarily some nested rectangle dies - a nice little bonus!

Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so pretty.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so totally gorgeous and very creative mf...love the look.
xx Karen

FleshkaWG said...

great card! very fresh and bright

Cat Craig said...

That is one stamp set I will keep always. Lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

I really need to get this set out again. I always love the pretty things you make with it!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite card Lin - love your use of the die to make the embossed borders for the sentiment, and fabulous stamping, as you do!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

A very pretty card Lin. These flowers are so sweet.

I Card Everyone said...

Continues to delight me, too, Lin! Your use of color really makes those darling roses pop right off your one-layer card! Gorgeous!
=]

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the Painted Flowers set and your one layer card. TFS