Friday, March 27, 2020

Woodland Spring

Last year, Newton's Nook released this adorable Woodland Spring stamp set that I fell in love with.  It took me awhile to get it home, long past spring last year, so I just tucked it away for this year.  Here's a card using one of these darling spring cuties that I hope will make you smile and take your mind off the present for a little while.


supplies: white, Surf Blue, and Cotton Candy cardstock, Woodland Spring fawn and sentiment, Nuvo Creative Pens to color fawn, (retired) Sizzix embossing folder, Zig markers and water to color embossed flowers, Sunny Studio Fancy Frames Circle, Simon Stitched Circle, and Spellbinders Scalloped Circle dies, adhesive foam squares 

I stamped and colored the image and sentiment and then cut them both out into circles.  I was originally going to pop them above my embossed background, but at the last minute, I popped the backing up and recessed the fawn.  

I took my time and watercolored most of the little embossed flowers, leaving a few of them white. 

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

nlwilson46 said...

This just says spring! Tha you colored each flower is just amazing. But guess we all have more time on our hands these days. Hope you are well. Always enjoy your cards!

Sharon Underwood said...

This is adorable! Love how you watercolored the tiny flowers on the background.

JoAnn said...

The fawn is so cute. A great spring card. TFS

Lura said...

So colorful and cute! Looks like a lot of work but worth the effort...

Lisa Elton said...

Darling card Lin!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Lin. I can imagine you are looking forward to spring. We are coming into Autumn - not looking forward to winter if we are still on lockdown.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweetie Lin - I am sure with a slightly different sentiment it would make a beautiful baby card too
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So darling, Lin! Just love the bitty embossed flowers on the background - you colored them (and the fawn) beautifully!