Monday, June 28, 2021

English Garden Washi Tape!

Today's cards couldn't have been easier to make!  


supplies: white, Cotton Candy, and metallic gold cardstock, PinkFresh Studio English Garden washi tape and matching dies, The Greetery Fit to be Tied bow, sentiment from Simon Spring Bouquets, gold embossing powder, Lawn Fawn Fancy Scalloped Rectangle die, adhesive foam squares

Can you believe this is Washi Tape?  PinkFresh Studio has a lovely collection of these, and they are easy to apply to cardstock and then die-cut.  For this card I used the wreath, and added an extra bunch of flowers to the bottom right, plus my own gold bow and a gold stamped sentiment.  This design would be suitable for so many occasions, just by changing up the sentiment.

I tilted my card a bit to show the gold outlines in this washi - you can see it best on the right side of the card, but it is across the whole design.

Next, I was wondering how hard it would be to fussy-cut the images after the washi was applied to cardstock.  So I placed the little florals over pink cardstock and hand-cut them out.  No different than cutting out anything else .......this may be a money saver when I get future Washi tapes; those dies to match can really boost up the price, and I enjoy fussy-cutting anyway!


supplies: white card base, Cotton Candy top panel, PinkFresh Studio English Garden washi tape and a gold-embossed Perfect Sentiment, matching sentiment die, Simon Blossom Field embossing folder

I cut a scalloped window in the pink card before embossing it, then attached that to my white card base and added the little florals and my sentiment.  You need to use your imagination to see the gold highlights in the florals, but they are just as lovely as in the photo above.

Thanks for coming by today - have a good one!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love those dainty blooms! Two pretty cards, Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

A gorgeous pair of cards Lin, and a great way to save the crafting $ by fussy cutting the image and using what dies you have on hand for the circle.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

what delightful cards Lin. Unbelievable that it's washi but such a fun idea to be able to die cut it.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great idea to have die cuts that match stamps and washi tape! Just love what you did with the washi you cut, Lin!!

Lura said...

These are just stunning Lin! I want to make both of them for everyone I know!! TFS

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Lin, these are gorgeous cards! I love the idea of stamps, dies, and washi tape! Amazing set. Definitely put on my wishlist! Hugs!

Barb in AZ said...

I have the washi tape and matching dies. Guess I need to get busy! Gorgeous cards. Thanks for your inspiration.