Saturday, June 12, 2021

Playing with the Tartan Builder

I've always loved plaids, so when The Greetery brought out its Tartan Builder stencils last month, I was in!  Here's my first play with them.


supplies: white cardstock, The Greetery Tartan Builder set of 5 layering stencils, oxide inks in faded jeans, mowed lawn, and black soot, Memory Box Antique Corner Rose Label die and Big and Little Words sentiment

I spent a fun afternoon playing with these layering stencils, trying out different colors and combinations of these stencils.  This one turned out to be my favorite, probably because I tried to approximate my family tartan (my Dad's side is Scot).  I left a bit of the design white, and then used white elements to finish the card, popping up the sentiment die to create some dimension.

Here's a picture of some of the backgrounds I made in this first go-round, using oxide inks.  These layering stencils were part of a masculine release, and I was trying to use anything but masculine colors.



These tartan stencils also come in a diagonal version, too, for any of you who would like to be enabled; they're already on my wishlist!

Thanks for visiting today - enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You picked the perfect focal item to let that amazing plaid shine through!

Dawn T said...

Stunning plaids Lin. Love the white elements on the card. And all those other backgrounds are just as amazing. Can't wait to see what you create with them.

kiwimeskreations said...

On your plaid card the background almost looks 3-D - stunning work Lin, and I do like your other backgrounds too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I agree - so 3D looking! Love the layered plaids you created, Lin, and the card looks amazing!!