Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Simon Says.....Create a Scene


It's Wednesday - welcome to our challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


This week we'd like you to "Create a Scene"!  The team is showcasing Lavinia Stamps this week, and I had such fun that I made 2 cards.

I envisioned this Faith Fairy in a garden, of course, so I chose some pretty floral colors to simulate that. Since she is a solid image, I decided to make my own oxide background and put everything in silhouette.


supplies: watercolor and black cardstock, kitsch flamingo, wilted violet, and squeezed lemonade distress oxide inks and water, Lavinia Stamps Faith fairy stamp, Your Next Stamp Mini Flower Splatter stamp, and sentiment from Impression Obsession In a Garden, MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, flower sequins, glue pen and prisma glitter

I added some glitter to her wings for some sparkle.

Next I went with an evening mood.


supplies: watercolor and black cardstock, salty ocean, mermaid lagoon, lucky clover, and blueprint sketch oxide inks and water, Lavinia Stamps Faith fairy stamp, Impression Obsession Full Bloom Hollyhocks, Tim Holtz Small Talk sentiment sticker, clear irridescent sequins

Isn't this Faith Fairy lovely?   As above, I added some irridescent clear sequins to the centers of the hollyhocks.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $25.00 gift certificate 


to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!  I can't wait to see what you all make this week!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are magical and so pretty!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beautiful cards with that fairy, Lin!! Especially love the blue/green one with all the sequined flowers!!

Dawn T said...

Two fabulous cards Lin. Love the beautiful backgrounds on these.

kiwimeskreations said...

Lin these are exquisite - loving you backgrounds and how you have let the stamp really take the centre stage. Amazing work!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine