Sunday, January 30, 2022

Happy Heart Day

 Another Valentine card today, mixing a favorite heart tree die with some brand new (to me) border dies.


supplies: white, Lipstick Red, Audrey Blue, and kraft card, MFT Heart Tree die, (retired) Simon sentiment from Just a Love Note, Lipstick Red ink, Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangle dies

I cut the heart tree from kraft, aqua, and red card and used one of the negative designs to paper-piece the details onto an edged rectangle that had first been stamped with the sentiment.  I added some punched red hearts fluttering out of the tree, then I matted that panel in red and centered it onto the largest edged rectangle.

I'm so glad to see that this darling tree is still available in these times when everything is being discontinued to make room for more.  I look forward to using it each year!  It's especially nice for my boys and hubby!  If you search "heart tree" over there on my right sidebar you can see a few other cards I've made with it down through the years.  

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful Valentine card! Love the tree die and the rectangle dies. Great design.

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful Valentine card! Love the tree die and the rectangle dies. Great Design!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love your heart tree, Lin! So fabulous in the red/pool color combo! I just used those folk frames for the first time yesterday - love them and they look amazing on your card!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the red and aqua, this is pretty!

Dawn T said...

Such a beautiful card Lin. It's gorgeous.

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Lin - love how you have paper pieced this beauty, and the extra tumbling hearts are a gorgeous finishing touch.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine