Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Simon Says.......Fun with Stencils!


Welcome to our challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!



This week our theme is Fun with Stencils, and the team is playing with Tim Holtz products!


supplies: white, kraft, green, and Schoolhouse Red card, Tim Holtz Birch Stencil, Woodlands die, Darling Deer die, Impression Obsession cardinal dies, and sentiment from Simon's Snowflake Season,  broken china distress ink, blender brush, adhesive foam squares

I have been making variations of this card for years, but I never grow tired of it (I hope you'll indulge me one more time!).  It brings back fond memories of my Dad; he loved being in the woods, and passed that on to me.  I've never made this scene with a stencil, however, and now I have a birch stencil to add to my collection of woodland supplies!  This time I lifted the bottom panel of the design above the background for some added dimension.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $25.00 gift certificate 


to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!  I can't wait to see what you all make this week!

 

4 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lin :-) I need to get me this birch stencil, the whole design of this is so pretty :-)

Hope you have a great day!
luv
Lols x x x

Lisa Elton said...

Make any version as often as your like, love the memory behind it! This is lovely!

Dawn T said...

Just a beautiful scene Lin. Lovely card.

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning use of the stencil Lin, and a wonderful card!! Great memories too :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine