Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Just a Note

 Another card with my new Antique Rose dies, this time in pinks.


supplies: white, mauve, several greens, and Altenew Cherry Blossom layering papers, PTI Border Bling: Dainty Deliveries Frame die, Altenew Antique Rose dies, sentiment from Mama Elephant Paola's Wishes, Altenew Cherry Blossom enamel hearts

I wanted to try the Altenew layering papers, as they have 4 shades of a color in each set.  On first receiving them, I was disappointed, but when I actually layered them with this rose die, I changed my opinion; they give a nice contrast for each layer.  I paired the rose with this floral cover plate - the little posies could be tiny rose buds, maybe?  

This sentiment has a lovely font, and can be stretched for many occasions! 

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Poppyseed Vintage said...

Beautiful card! Curious why you were initially disappointed with the paper? ~ Francie M

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Lin this is not only a stunning creation, but it is exquisite, so beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Delightful Lin. That sentiment is certainly very pretty.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous. Love those Antique Roses and the lovely background.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love Altenew's layered flower dies - this one is especially gorgeous, Lin!! Love it with the coverplate too!!