Friday, May 19, 2023

Simon's June Card Kit: Etched Greetings

 The Simon Card Kit for June is a keeper!  I made 3 cards this month with it.



I'm waiting for a stamp and die set that's called Tuck It, from Papertrey Ink, so in the meantime, I thought I'd try to achieve the same effect: a sentiment with slits at top and bottom where you can tuck in flowers and leaves.  After a bit of experimenting, success!  After stamping the sentiment and embossing it in gold, I used my paper cutter to slit it above and below just enough to tuck in some of the ephemera from the kit.  The panel was then matted in gold, and attached to my card base.  

I won't lie, I think my favorite part of this kit are the Delightful Daisies patterned papers.  This next card uses one of them, along with the Thanks die from the kit and my own butterfly, one that was in my scrap basket and matched nicely to the blue details in this paper.


supplies: white cardstock, Crafter's Companion Delightful Daisies dp, Simon's Fancy Thanks die, and a Pink Fresh Small Butterflies stamp and stencils, Lapis Lazuli inks

The papers each have a daisy motif of some kind, usually over a woodgrain background, and the reverses are just as pretty; woodgrain only.  They look very impressionistic, and come in lovely soft colors.

I used the reverse of another of the papers for my final card, stamping and embossing repeatedly using the lovely etched flower, one of 2 from the stamp set.  Stormy sky distress ink was a pretty close match to the blue in the background paper.


supplies: white cardstock, Crafter's Companion Delightful Daisies reverse dp, Etched Greetings flower and large birthday sentiment, white embossing powder, stormy sky distress ink

Here's the kit - I'm betting it will be a sell-out!



5 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

I love that daisy designer paper! A little rustic yet still feminine. I think I'll get a couple packs :-)

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of prettiness, Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties with that new kit, Lin! I too love the daisy pp card the best - perfect with the pop of blue butterfly!!

Dawn T said...

Such a pretty kit Lin and you have done it justice with your three beautiful cards. I'm partial to pretty papers and these look stunning.

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards from the kit Lin - love that technique using the sentiment as a 'bridge' to tuck the flowers under
Blessings
Maxine