Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday: Hydrangea

 Here's my entry for this month's Woodblock Wednesday challenge........for those of you who know me well, it was only a matter of time before I used this one!


supplies: off-white cardstock, reverse of a Crafter's Companion Delightful Daisy dp, Spellbinders (retired) stitched label die, overstamped with Tammy Tutterow (retired) Dear Ruby cling background stamp, vintage photo distress ink, Hero Arts Hydrangea woodblock, colored with alcohol markers, Simon (retired) Birthday Flowers sentiment, hand-dyed seam binding

This Hero Arts Hydrangea woodblock stamp is dated 2010, and I have probably used it dozens of times, but not recently.  I used a combination of blue and purple markers to color it.

Here's a photo of the card alone.

And HERE's a link to the Woodblock Challenge - it's such a good idea to get these beautiful stamps out again and give them some love!  Be sure to visit the gallery there to see the other entries, and I hope you'll be inspired to play along, too!


8 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous Lin! Love that hydrangea! The ribbon is the perfect finishing touch.
Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

I have this stamp and refuse to part with it. It is well loved. Thanks for sharing your creation and reminding me to use it again!

kiwimeskreations said...

Another gorgeous creation Lin - love your colouring on the hydrangea, and how you have mounted it so beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

OMG - I got this one out last night to use! It's one of my favourite Hero Arts stamps. Your card is stunning,

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you framed that pretty hydrangea! Wonderful card, Lin!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Your card and coloring are gorgeous!! I love how it turned out.

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous! This one is one of my favourite stamps as well!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous hydrangea in blue/purple, Lin - love it on the label with the ribbon too!!