Monday, May 22, 2023

Little Things

I'm not done playing with these PTI stencils yet - I wanted to do them in blue, and emboss them this time.


supplies: white and blue cardstock, PTI Wild Blooms Stencil set, altenew mini inks and blending brushes, Impression Obsession (retired)  Little Things cling sentiment, (retired) Winnie & Walter Audrey's Cutaways stitched scalloped rectangle die

I did a wordy sentiment again as I've done before.  This simple design works well with them, I think.  I don't need too much pushing to use this darling one, and I'm glad when I can!  After finishing the stencilling, I stamped the sentiment, trimmed it into a smaller scalloped panel, then added the large flower stencil over it and ran it through my Spellbinders machine with an embossing pad and plate. It adds a subtle dimension to an otherwise flat card. 

On a personal note, today would have been my Daddy's 103rd birthday!  We had him for 95 years, and there still isn't a day that something doesn't remind me of him!  He sure does take up lots of room in my heart!

Thanks for coming by today - have a good one.

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Lovely flower garden and what a great sentiment, Lin! Love the scalloped edges too!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly delightful, Lin! Love the sentiment!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a beautiful card Lin - love the blue you used for the flowers.
A wonderful tribute to your father
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Lin. Those flowers are so pretty in the blue and what a stunner of a sentiment.