Monday, November 27, 2023

Hope, Wonder, and Joy

I wanted to do another design with my little house sets that was much more clean and simple, so when I saw Rachel's card (2nd one) that I had pinned last year, I decided to CASE it.


supplies: white, red, green, and black cardstock, trees and lamp post from Gina K. Designs Winter Wonderland dies, stitched slope from PTI's Bring Home the Holidays, bird from Hero Arts Neighborhood Houses, sentiment from Simon's Inside Holiday Greetings, stamped bow from Simon's (retired) Big Holiday Wishes, Seaside ink and a blending brush, white acrylic paint for snow splatters

I wanted little touches of red, and achieved that end with the red birds and the bow.  It was fun looking through my old supplies for just the right sentiment!  Thank you, Rachel, for the inspiration!

I love the effect of splattering, but I don't always get the best results - I just used diluted paint and a fairly fine paintbrush for this.  Does anyone have any hints for me so that I don't get those big splats, but instead nice little splatters?  

5 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty and cute CAS card! I usually add a small amount of water to my paint when I spatter, maybe that would help for smaller spatters, but it sure is cute anyhow and it has been snowing here BIG snowflakes so I think you are right on target!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little scene you've created! This is charming, Lin!

Dawn T said...

Adorably sweet card Lin. Love the beautiful CAS look

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet scene, Lin - love the birdie duo & the glow of the "sky"!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful CAS card Lin - beautiful use of the die cuts
Blessings
Maxine