Friday, November 17, 2023

Merry & Bright

 I watched Jennifer McGuire's video HERE earlier this week - I don't think I've ever combined a stenciled design with an embossing folder, so  here is my first attempt.


supplies: white, black, orange peel, lipstick red and schoolhouse red cardstocks, Concord & 9th Boughs and Holly layering stencils, twisted citron, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness, abandoned coral and festive berries distress inks, blending brushes, retired snowflake embossing folder, Spellbinders Tweet Cardinal dies, sentiment sticker from Tim Holtz Christmas 2023 sticker book

I first did my stenciling - this set is made so that the first 2 of the 3 stencils is turned 180 degrees, switching colors, to complete the design.  Then I embossed the trimmed panel.  I didn't mean to, but the snowflakes are pressed INTO the paper as opposed to the usual, and it works fine that way, still visible, but a bit more subtle.  To finish I just constructed my cardinal and popped him above the panel, adding a sticker sentiment.  I really like how this turned out!  More and more, I'm preferring an embossed background.

Thanks for stopping by.  How are your holiday preparations going?  

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your wreath debossed with the snowflakes, Lin - perfect spot for your sweet cardinal!! I'm behind, as usual, getting ready for the December holidays but I've ordered the catered items I'm taking to Thanksgiving at a friend's. Hope all is well with you!!

Lisa Elton said...

It turned out great, Lin, very cute!

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving the more subtle 'look' of the debossed background Lin - it sets the stencilling off beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Lin. Love the idea of stenciling and then embossing. Looks amazing here.