Sunday, November 12, 2023

Mini Slimline Thanksgiving Cards

 I really enjoy working with Taylored Expressions stencils!  Today's cards are made with their Triple Slim Falling for You set and matching Foil-It panels.


supplies: white and fuschia cardstock, Falling For You stencil set and matching Foil It panel, picked raspberry, carved pumpkin, cracked pistachio and vintage photo distress inks, Honey Bee Bitty Buzzwords sentiment dies, gold foil, laminator

supplies: white and orange cardstock, Falling For You stencil set and matching Foil It panel, fall colors of distress inks, sentiment from Impression Obsession (retired) Early Sunsets clear set, copper foil, laminator

For both cards, I started with the Foil It panel and foiled it in my laminator.  This gives a sparkle to the skeletons of the leaves.   Then I used the matching stencils to color in the details.  Each panel was matted on a colored cardstock and the sentiment was stamped or die-cut.  I always have fun deciding on which colors of inks will work with each other.  Almost anything usually works together - this time I loved the bright cracked pistachio mixed with the hot pink and orange on the first card!

If you enjoy stencilling I highly recommending giving Taylor's stencil sets a try - she has lots of them to pick from! 

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fall beauties with the leafy stencil set, Lin! Love the colors on both cards but the green and raspberry on card one really caught my eye!

Lisa Elton said...

Two beautiful autumn cards!

Dawn T said...

two stunning cards Lin. Love both colour schemes you've used.

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful pair of cards Lin - it's the second one that I think is my favourite
Blessings
Maxine