Thursday, November 16, 2023

Peace On Earth

 Playing once again with the other big word in Tim Holtz's Big Tidings die set, I remembered THIS card that I made in 2015, and decided to try and redo it using this die.  Here's the result.


supplies: white and blue cardstock, Tim Holtz Big Tidings Noel die, Penny Black (retired) Peace and Joy doves from 2013, sentiment from Simon's Tiny Words Christmas set, broken china distress ink and a blending brush

I stamped the doves on a trimmed white card panel, then masked them and brushed some broken china distress ink around them to make them stand out.  Then I cut out the inner Noel word of the set.  I cut it out also from some blue cardstock to offset it, and twice more in white, then glued them all together and attached them back onto the card base. 

This is pretty understated, I kept wanting to add something glitzy, but in the end decided to leave it as is.

How are you coming on your cards for Christmas?  

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the serene simplicity here, Lin! Gorgeous masking/inking with the Broken China & here's another example tempting me to the TH dies :)

Lisa Elton said...

I like it as is, Lin, it's lovely!

JoAnn said...

Love it!!! So pretty.

kiwimeskreations said...

Elegant, stunning and beautiful all in one - love this Lin!!
Christmas cards... hmm, not many being made or sent this year for many and varied reasons - maybe next year
Blessings
Maxine