Sunday, February 25, 2024

A Little Sunshine

 Our granddaughter recently sent us a thank you card that had a floral spray in bright colors against a black background.  I have seen so many of your cards using dark backgrounds, and I've been wanting to give this idea a try, and Alma's card got me moving.  Here's the result.


supplies: black and bright colors of cardstock, Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms and Club Blooms dies, preprinted sentiment strip

I don't often work with colors this bright, but I'm so glad I gave them a try this time!  These pinks and oranges remind me of sherbert!  (leave it to me to associate anything with food!)


Hope I've inspired you to try something a bit out of your comfort zone; thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Those soft pinks and oranges really pop off the black card, Lin! I really love the shades of colors you chose & what a great combo of the two Spellbinders sets!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the bright colored blooms on the black background. Glad you were inspired by the card you received. Thanks for sharing this.

Lisa Elton said...

And what beautiful results they are! I love this one so much, Lin!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeoys!

Cathy said...

Love these pretty colours and how they pop on the black, gorgeous card, Cathy x

Dawn T said...

Looks absolutely stunning Lin. Great look

Kathleen said...

Absolutely stunning ❤️

junestengel1958 said...

Oh, my! That dark background is very dramatic and makes the florals POP! I love it!