Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Inspired by Jennifer

 Hello!  Today once again I have a card that was inspired by one that Jen McGuire did back in January.  I've been loving all the cards lately that have bright colors against a black background, and she showed us how to do that using layering stencils, black cardstock, and acrylic markers.  

Here's my version!


supplies: black and island blue cardstock, Simon's Layered Flowers stencils (4 parts), Altenew Acrylic Markers, vol 1, Happy Wishes die

LOVE the way this turned out!  I need to be a little more careful when stencilling smaller areas, but the effect is fantastic in my eyes!  Now I'm hoping that Altenew will come out with more colors of acrylic markers, especially more pinks, reds, yellows, and oranges!  

We're back home from our snowbird excursion to Florida in January and February, to be met a few days after returning with a little bit of snow and frigid temperatures - but also the start of some daffodils!  I'm finding my way around my home computer again; amazing what I forgot in just 2 months!  But I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove now that I have all my supplies at hand again.  

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Great job, Lin, your flowers really pop on the black background!