Thursday, March 28, 2024

Some Garden Path Cards

 Concord and 9th recently brought out a stencil pack with stamped sentiments to coordinate, called Garden Path.  I had a fun time playing with them, and have 3 cards to share today!

The unusual thing about the stencils is that there's one that inks in a background.  For this first card I used twisted citron for that.


supplies: white cardstock, Garden Path stencil pack, distress inks (twisted citron, saltwater taffy, worn lipstick, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, mowed lawn, black soot), blender brushes, Garden Path stamp set, pale pink sequins 

Next I wanted to go a little more monochromatic, and so used blues with a bit of yellow and left the largest flowers uncolored except for their centers.


supplies: white cardstock, Garden Path stencil pack, distress inks (tumbled glass, broken china, squeezed lemonade, evergreen bough), blending brushes, Garden Path stamp set 

And lastly, I used the background stencil to emboss the design from the back, then colored in the rest of it using the rest of the stencils, varying my colors.  Here you can see another of the 4 sentiments from the stamp set, and I added some enamel dots to the centers of the flowers.


white cardstock, Garden Path stencil pack, distress inks (saltwater taffy, worn lipstick, scattered straw, broken china), Altenew inks (lime and fresh leaf), Simon Pawsitively Saturated inks (cantelope and sherbet), blender brushes, Garden Path stamp set, various enamel dots

I used the background stencil to emboss all of my cards and give a bit more definition.  If you do this, be sure to emboss BEFORE adding your sentiment, or you may get some black ink where you didn't intend it!  

These stencil sets are perfect for those of us who aren't into coloring - hope you'll give these a look.

I'll be entering these into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge for this week: Anything Goes.
Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are all lovely and cheerful, Lin!

Diane said...

Very pretty, I bought this set too, but mine won't appear probably on my blog until much later as I did them for a DT project, unless I do more sooner! I think it is a very creatively fun stencil and stamp set!!