Sunday, March 17, 2024

Spring Robin

 Our weather has taken a decided turn to the chilly side lately, which makes me yearn for spring all the more!  So here's a card to help us be patient until it gets here.


supplies: white, bright pink, yellow, brown, and rust cardstock, Concord & 9th Boughs and Holly stencils, twisted citron, mowed lawn, and rustic wilderness distress inks, 2 Pink Fresh Studio Fairy Dust pink inks, blending brushes, Simon Blossom Field embossing folder, Layered Birdie die, sentiment from Spellbinders Pocket Full of Spring Stitching dies, adhesive foam to pop up robin

This layering wreath stencil set was actually brought out in the winter, but I think that making the berries pink gives it a more spring-like feel.  And I put a robin on it because to me, it's a sign of spring.

Sorry I haven't been around lately, still getting back to normal again.  I'll try to do better!  

Just found that the Just Us Girls Challenge is "birds", and they are teaming up with Time Out Challenges, so I'll be entering this card in both of them!!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

It does look like a spring wreath! Lovely card, Lin!

Bobby said...

You've made the perfect Robin, Lin, and thanks for showing me that wreath can be for something other than Christmas. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Just Us Girls/Time Out collaboration challenge.