Friday, March 8, 2024

Simon's Tulip Garden

 Simon Hurley has a new collection at Spellbinders, called Tulip Garden!  I have some cards using several of the sets for you today.



I embossed 2 white A2 panels with the Twirling Tulips 3D folder, then used the matching 6-piece set of stencils to color one of them.  That panel was then trimmed a bit, adding 2 green strips on either side, then attached to the 2nd embossed panel, matching up the design.  The sentiment was added to the center of the finished card, using both the sentiment dies and their matching shadow dies.

Next I played with the Tulip Trio dies.


supplies: yellow, pinks, aqua, green, black and white cardstock, Tulip Trio dies, Handwritten Sentiments dies

There are 3 different tulip flowers in this set, each consisting of 3 parts.  I cut each from either a pink or yellow cardstock, then inked them a bit to make them stand out from each other, and put them together using adhesive foam squares for some dimension.  

The sentiment set has 12 word dies and matching shadows that you can use to build your own greeting.  

And 1 final card, simply embossed, then swiped with white pigment ink.


supplies: white and navy cardstock, Twirling Tulips embossing folder, white pigment ink, Handwritten Sentiments

This time I turned my cardstock into a landscape size and didn't use the shadow dies for my sentiment.  Couldn't be easier!

Thanks for coming by today!  If you're a tulip lover, I hope you'll give Simon's collection a look.

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Thanks for this lovely dose of spring!