Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Spellbinders August Club Kits!

 The Spellbinders Club Kits are available now for new subscribers!  This collection is called Colorful Expressions.

I look forward every month to the embossing folders, and they do not disappoint!  Here is the 3D folder: Floral Expressions.  This time I inked it on the flat side before running it through my machine.  My sentiment is made up of some of the dies of the month: Colorful Expressions Sentiments, a group of 18 words and matching shadow dies.


supplies: white and aqua cardstock, Floral Expressions 3D embossing folder, inked in Tide Pool ink, Colorful Expressions Sentiments dies, adhesive foam squares, Capri Blue gems

Next up is the Stencil Club: Colorful Expressions Garden.  It contains 5 stencils, and when I saw them I thought they looked like nasturtiums, so that's the way I colored them.  And for my sentiment I used some from the Clear Stamp and Die set: Colorful Expressions Blossoms.


supplies: white and orange sherbet cardstock, Colorful Expressions Garden stencils, Golden Sunset, Fired Brick, and Green Valley ink cubes, blending brushes, sentiment from Colorful Expressions Blossoms stamp and die set

This month the Clear Stamp and Die set looks like apple blossoms to me, so I made a pink and white card.  I love the dimension that you get when you use the matching die and lift the florals above your card base!


supplies: white and pink cardstock, Colorful Expressions Blossoms stamps and dies, adhesive foam strips, Essential Arches die

This next card features the Large Dies: Colorful Expressions Blooms and the Embossing Folder: Hand Drawn Lines, with a return of some more of the small dies for my sentiment.  The large die set includes several large flowers and leaves, but I chose only a few of them for my card today.  And I turned the embossed background backwards, to give a kind of uneven brickwork, instead of off-center plaid that shows the other way around.  


supplies: various blue, green, and yellow cardstock, Colorful Expressions Blooms, Colorful Expressions Sentiments, Hard Drawn Lines embossing folder

Next, I mixed a bit of both embossing folders, inking the Lines folder with purple ink inside the folder before embossing, and inking the Floral folder after embossing with the same ink.  Now you can see the Lines folder as it was intended, a kind of wonky plaid.


supplies: white and purple cardstock, Hand Drawn Lines and Floral Expressions embossing folders, Colorful Expressions Sentiment, purple ink, adhesive foam squares.

My final 2 cards are rainbow ones.  First is the Stitching kit: Stitched Colorful Palette.  I made it into a mini slim-line card measuring about 6 1/4" by 3 1/4".  And I used a sentiment from the Glimmer of the Month kit.


supplies: white and colored cardstock, 3 strands of embroidery flosses to match, Stitched Colorful Palette, sentiment from Colorful Splash, Mini Rainbow Stripe glimmer foil

The Glimmer Kit: Colorful Splash contains this large glimmer plate, plus 3 skinny sentiments.  You saw 1 of them above, and I used a 2nd one on my final card.  We get a roll of Mini Rainbow Stripe glimmer this time!


supplies: white cardstock, Doodlebug striped patterned paper, Colorful Splash glimmer plate and sentiment, Mini Rainbow Stripe glimmer foil

It's always hard to get a good photo of glimmer cards, but I think you can see the rainbow wash of color on this one pretty well.  The design takes up almost a whole A2 card, so I used just a bit of striped paper to add a little more interest.

You can look HERE for information on Spellbinders Clubs.  Each is available for new subscribers only from the 6th until the 27th of each month.  If you click on my links under each card, you can see the specifics of each product.  You can subscribe to each of our 10 kits separately, (and you can "unjoin" a subscription at any time without any penalty), or you can get them all, plus a free bonus item each month, and save 60% by choosing the Deluxe Caboodle!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful makes, Lin! I like the big hugs card with all of those pretty shades of blue!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - you've been busy, Lin! I always look forward to your post with Spellbinders Club stuff - really makes me eager for my box!! Thanks for the inspiration with these beauties - my fave is the stitch palette - love the rainbow colors!!

JoAnn said...

Great cards. I really love the birthday card with the arched flowers - so pretty.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Lin you have been so busy - your cards are amazing and absolutely beautiful!!
Blessings
Maxine