Saturday, August 10, 2024

Yana's Poppies Collection

 I'm excited to share with you a gorgeous BetterPress plate and matching stencils that Yana Smakula has designed for Spellbinders!  

This plate is made so that the background and flower details are foiled or inked.  I've found that the press plates ALWAYS foil beautifully, so I had an afternoon of trying all different kinds of foil, and I'm sharing 4 cards that resulted.


supplies: white, Doll Pink, and Surf Blue cardstock, Poppy Background press plate and stencil bundle, Mint Satin Pastel glimmer foil, Cherry Blossom pinks and Lagoon inks, blending brushes, Colorful Expressions Sentiments dies

This was my first time using these Satin Pastel glimmer foils, and it won't be the last!  I love that they give a lovely pearly background!  The stencils are 6 pieces, and are easy to layer.

Here's card #2, using Teal glimmer foil.


supplies: white, orange, and peacock cardstock, Poppy Background Press Plate and Stencil bundle, Teal glimmer foil, Warm and Cozy and Mowed Lawn inks, blender brushes, sentiment dies from Anemone Bloom Glimmer set

Next, I foiled with Black foil.


supplies: white cardstock, Poppy Background Press Plate/Stencil Bundle, Black glimmer foil, Tea Party, Warm & Cozy, Golden Sunset, and Spring Bouquet green inks, blending brushes, sentiment banner from Curved Everyday Sentiments glimmer plate and die, Gold glimmer foil

The Black glimmer foil, like the Satin Pastels, is not as reflective as the regular foils we're used to, which makes taking pictures so much easier.  This time I made my flowers all different colors, including white, which enabled me to use a sentiment on white.

And finally, still enamored with the Satin Pastels foils, I foiled the plate and a set of sentiments with Satin Pink.  The soft pearly finish is so lovely that I decided to just frame it up in white and call it finished.



Thanks so much for visiting today; I'll be back soon to show you another new item that Yana designed.

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the variety! I think #2 is my favorite color combo, but they're all fantastic!

Dawn T said...

what amazing cards Lin. All the colour ways are delightful.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful quartet of poppy cards, Lin! Gorgeous color combos; especially love card one! Have to laugh - you foil your press plates and I press my foil plates (while my rolls of foil accumulate). Thanks for the inspiration to get out that foil!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Lin - these are exquisite - a fabulous foursome from the one plate. The difference the various foils give is stunning
Blessings
Maxine