Friday, April 15, 2011

Globecraft Memories

Hello!  Today I'm excited to show you some examples of a brand new idea from a company called Globecraft Memories!  Basically, you get a plastic dome and several die-cut frames to go around it, which you can paint and/or stamp on directly or cover with papers, as I've done with mine.  They even include a little diecut easel to place on the back of your creation to help display it!  There are 6 different configurations of frames in 2 sizes each, so the possibilities are endless!  The more I played, the more ideas came, so I'm sharing 3 examples today, all done in the same color scheme (Barb, these are for you!).   Here's my first:


supplies: white cardstock stamped several times with "Spring" from Hero Arts LL007 Seasonal Memories, peeled paint distress ink, various scraps of dps for frames, Hero Arts CL377 Be Happy for flower, grass, bees and sentiment, stamped in versamark onyx black ink on various scraps of dots, checks, and solids, white twine, pink pearls

And a detail shot to show you the dome, and that I popped several elements above the image with lots of room to spare under the dome:


Here's another one I made using the same configuration of diecut frames, just turned 90 degrees, and a favorite old stamp:


supplies: white cardstock, Hero Arts E3020 Sketch Tulips, stamped twice with versafine onyx black ink, watercolored, and then the flowers cut out and popped above the image, various dps, tiny buttons, pink organza ribbon

And one more, using another configuration.  These globes are wonderful to protect anything delicate, like these die-cut rolled roses that I used for this card.  Please excuse the glare; the domes really catch the light:



supplies: K&Company rose print paper from Susan Winget's Spring Blossom mat pad, Die-namics (mftstamps) rolled rose die-cuts, punched ferns/leaves, white lace, pink button, pink pearls

And another detailed shot:


For even more examples, see today's Lily Pad Cards post.  In order to join the challenge, you don't need to have these Globecraft dome products; just use a frame or a die-cut and some pop-dots to make your creation dimensional.

16 comments:

Dawn T said...

Stunning Lin. Your samples are just so beautiful.

Shelley said...

Wonderful Lin! Love you new look to your blog!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous! LOVE how the last one shows just how dimensional you can go with these!

Suzanne C said...

WOW! Love all three but I have to say the rolled flowers are perfect in the dome! Love the beautiful color scheme!

Barb said...

Oh, my! I could stare at these all day! You put a smile on my face, that's for sure! I obviously don't need to tell you how much I adore these colors! :) Love each card, Lin. . . .so beautifully done in your wonderful style!

Vicky said...

Sooooooo beautiful all of them! And that last one with those die cut flowers is my favorite!!! You are so creative!

walchowDesign said...

Gorgeous cards, Lin! Love all the colours and the rolled flowers are fantastic! I'm going to Luxembourg during the Easter Weekend, do you need anything from there?

susanne said...

Very sweet Lin, all of these cards are so beautiful! The one with the roses is amazing!

Nancy K said...

Amazing...so gorgeous! I love each perfectly charming design, Lin!
blessings~

CinnamonSally said...

Wow stunning Lin, I love your beautiful colour schemes and such pretty cards. The last one is perfection.

MarcyK924 said...

Oh Lin, I forever love your cards. I am always in awe of your gorgeous creations. Truly a paper artist! I HAVE to get some of these Globecraft dome products!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh! I just adore these beautiful, little domes, Lin! Stunning! And your colors are just PERFECT for springtime!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love how fun those globes are! My faves is the one with the rolled flowers in the middle!

Alice said...

wow! these are amazing, Lin!!! i love the colors you use don these cards and the details are so pretty! fabulous work, Lin!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous samples, Lin! I really love the roses--no, I love them all!

Renee V said...

These are so beautiful Lin, I really hope I get to participate in this challenge! I don't have any globes, but plenty of frames that I can pop! I finished my card for the color throwdown the night it was due, but then fell asleep before remembering to take a photo and upload it!!! Anyways, take care and have a beautiful day!