Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Variations on a theme

One of our challenges this month at the Hero Arts Blog is to make masculine projects.  Why do masculine cards seem so difficult?  I recently found this pretty striped paper from My Mind's Eye at Hobby Lobby and now I wish I'd bought several sheets of it!  I decided to play with it last night and here is a set of masculine cards that resulted, all of them using the Three Ferns stamp, embossed in Verdigris powder, which is primarily green, but has flecks of brown and gold in it:





supplies: kraft, dark and medium aqua, wheat cardstock, My Mind's Eye "Four Miles Stripe" design paper, Hero Arts stamps S5154 Three Ferns, versamark ink and Ranger Antiquities Verdigris embosssing powder, CG125 Friend Definition, CL267 Card Messages, Versafine Deep Lagoon ink, K5354 French Post, Memories art print brown ink, CL497 Find Joy, S4878 Old Letter Writing, CL494 Hip Hip Hooray!, wheat twine, buttons

14 comments:

susanne said...

These are lovely! Your cards are masculine but they still have some glitter and I love that!

Virginia L. said...

SO fabulously done!! Love the variations of the three!

Anita Rex said...

I often find that a piece of masculine paper really helps me jump start my male cards! Love these! The embossing powder is a great touch!

Jingle said...

Very pretty!

Dotty Jo said...

How gorgeous - really love the rich colours! Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Lin, perfect masculine cards. Congratulations on your Penny Black win!!

Barbara said...

I always struggle with masculine cards. This is wonderful Lin!

Anonymous said...

Love these - that embossed fern stamp is so stylish for guy cards like this! Thanks for the inspiration, hugs, Ruth S

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well how wonderful are these cards you have made. I do not do MC,so I have great respect for those who attemp them.
Smiles:)

Hellemor said...

How gorgeous. They are all very lovely and the colors are stunning. I love that Three Ferns stamp.

Nat said...

wow Lin, I love the texture and colours, just stunning! :)

jintyoo7 said...

These cards look great in kraft and that gorgeous striped paper.

Dawn T said...

Love these Lin.. the striped paper is perfect for guy cards and I love using the fern for them as well.

Suzanne C said...

Love that embossing powder and you made three perfect masculine cards! I need to do this! I never have enough on hand.