Monday, April 18, 2011

Violets & Lilacs & Plums, Oh My!

At Really Reasonable Ribbons blog, our challenge is to use any shade of purple, and a ribbon, of course!


I am definitely purple-challenged, having very little of anything in my stash.   Must go back to my college days when my (local) sorority's colors were lavender and grey........we had to wear it once a week, and it's taken all this time for me to like the color again!  My ribbon here is a piece of white organdy ribbon which I dyed using Memories Soft Lilac ink, and then another swipe of Memories Baby Pink, to take away some of the blueness and make it more lilac-colored to match the flower and background paper.

supplies: white and lilac cardstock, Whispers 6 squares shadow stamp, Memories Soft Lilac ink,  Hero Arts S5376 Hydrangea, watercolor pencils, PTI Friendship Jar Spring Fillers (sentiment), versafine onyx black ink, scrap of unknown harlequin pattern dp, paper doily, hand-dyed ribbon, Memories Baby Pink ink, EKSuccess scallop border punch

10 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful!

Barb said...

So lovely, Lin! Your hydrangea is colored beautifully and looks wonderful against that pretty harlequin paper! Love the doily too!

Sue McRae said...

Love these colours!

Alle mooie dingen said...

i love the hydrangea stamp...
great card
greetings
Anita
http://alle-mooie-dingen.blogspot.com

sheila said...

this is lovely! your cards are always sooo beautiful Lin! I really don't know how you are able to produce both so many and always so amazing...you are really talented!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the hydrangea and your coloring is perfect. Lavendar and grey doesn't seem like a bad color combo unless you have to wear it! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL! Love love love the purple! BEAUTIFULLY done:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Whoosh! I am in love with the colors on this card, SO beautiful - that lavender is just the 'perfect' shade, I wouldn't want it any darker or lighter!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card.
Hugs and smiles

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.