Saturday, April 16, 2011

Vintage print

Here is Silke Ledlow's card for this week's challenge at CASE Study:

The word "vintage" was mentioned in the description, and that's where my mind went.  I searched my saved images for something vintage, and found this print by Jessie Wilcox Smith, one of my very favorite children's book illustrators.  So that was the basis for my card.  I pulled all of the colors from this image, and used Silke's sketch to put everything together..  


supplies: cream card base, design papers from My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Mabel paper pad and October Afternoon Fly a Kite pad, computer image by Jessie Wilcox Smith, PTI Embellishments for sentiment (love the font), versafine onyx black ink, periwinkle ribbon, lace from Carole, old button, flower brads, pale aqua pearls

Here is a closeup of the sweet little girl, showing her beautiful face and more of the details.  I pulled the ribbon color from the flowers in her basket.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You are truly an artist, Lin! Beautiful "vintage" card. Sweet girl- she reminds me of the cards my grandmother sent me on my birthdays when I was a child.

Brenda said...

What a beautiful image of that little girl Lin! I love her basket of flowers, so colorful!

Barb said...

Lin, that's one of the sweetest images I've seen! Love her face and you've showcased her so beautifully here!

Anonymous said...

So adorable! I love your colours to complement the sweet vintage image. Great CASE! Hugs, Ruth S

shirley said...

Adorable vintage image and card.
Love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Lin!! This vintage card is super beautiful! I LOVE the softness of the blue and yellow--and that ribbon is FABULOUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE how it is tripled!! LOOOOOVE! Beautifully done!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely vintage image and the design is beautiful!

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous image Lin and you have used it to perfection