Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Spring

Here are the lovely colors that Mona has chosen for us this week at CR84FN.  These aquamarine colors are probably some of my favorites at this time of year.


Here is what I made for this week:


The smaller print paper is from My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose "Hazel" pad, and the bigger print is a resized digital paper.  When I resized it from a square to a rectangle in Word, the polka dots became polka eggs, and off I went on my bird theme! The central panel is a piece of graph paper from K&Company's Brenda Walton Flora & Fauna Ledger Pad; I chose the top of one of them that had this egg printed on it.   The bird is a from Stampin' Up set called Touch of Nature, borrowed from my friend Carol.  I threaded some blue and white baker's twine through the holes at the top and tied a double bow at the end.  To finish I added some pearls and the sentiment.  This sketch is from Julee Tilman when she was a guest designer at CASE Study last month; I just turned it 90 degrees.

supplies: cream parchment and aqua cardstock, "Hazel" paper pad from Stella & Rose, digital paper from Verena Karolyi "Loving Mommy" papers, K&Company Brenda Walton "Flora & Fauna" paper pad, Stampin' Up Touch of Nature, prismacolor pencils,  PTI Friendship Jar Spring Fillers (sentiment), Memories art print brown ink, Jillibean Soup twine, Hero Arts CH231 Lace Ribbon, aqua pearls, nesties labels four and scalloped ovals

18 comments:

Barb said...

Fantastic card, Lin! Wow! Just love the combination of papers and your bird and twig have such a wonderful dimension! Beautifully done!

Hellemor said...

That a adoreable card. Great mix of colors, pp and stamps. Very lovely design, Lin.

Anonymous said...

Squeal! Your card is so adorable Lin! I love the twine threaded through the holes - clever ;)
These colours are so delicious, I'm determined to find time to play this week! Hugs, Ruth S

Anita Rex said...

Si pretty! I love that the dots turned to eggs! It worked so well!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely! The bird is beautiful and the polka eggs are perfect! Love how you used the colors! Glad you joined the CR84FN!

lynzw21 said...

Hi Lin! I'm catching up on my months of missed posts and loving all your cards- and congrats on being on the design team! I'm so behind, i have to check ut what Lilypad is all about :) This card has so many lovely details Lin, I particularly love the twine through the note paper and the folded corner on the pp- so simple yet so effective!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What beautiful layers--love the papers and the string....LOOOOOVE the beautiful colors of blue!! LOVE your creations:)

Sanne said...

LOVE it Lin - perfect!

Anette said...

OMG, this is gorgeous, Lin!!!!

Dawn T said...

love how you have combined digital and stamps and paper... This one is a stunner Lin.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful design and love the coloring of the bird, Lin!

sideoats + scribbles said...

LIN!!!! I love this card so much! The twine! The lace! The bird! The polka dots! GAH!!!!!!

Happy spring, hope it comes to Ohio soon! We're heading into summer already here in Texas -- boo! Supposed to be 96 today -- ugh!

Tiffany Ervin said...

WOW! Look at that intricate trimming on your birdie and leaf stem! And the cute little folded corner on your paper!

Sue Lelli said...

Lin, GORGEOUS GORGEOUS card! LOVE the birdie and the egg on the notebook paper and the twine woven through with the FAB bow!

Deborah Frings said...

This is so pretty - love the papers and that bird is so sweet!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lin! Love the Vintage image and you creative twine treatment! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Lin! This card really spoke to me! So pretty and I love how you put the twine in the card. I hope you have a great Easter! :-)

Andrea M said...

Lin this is just GORGEOUS!!! What a beautiful bird - this card just epitomizes spring!!! Great take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!