Sunday, October 16, 2011

Holiday Cards

I wanted to make another card for the Wee Memories Holiday Card challenge, this time a Christmas one.  I started with the Lawn Fawn Bannerific set (got it just for those cute little birds!), and then started digging around in my Christmas stamps to find something that it would work with.  The sentiment from Hero Arts fits nicely into the banner.  This holly wreath is from 1997; I got it second hand; it's from a company called StampCity USA, from Oshkosh, WI!  Here was my first try pairing up these stamps:



I had so much fun putting it together that I thought I'd try it again, but adding in more stamps.  This version adds the music from Skipping Stones Designs "Heartsong", and the banner is overstamped with a Sugarloaf damask stamp.  I added some Stickles to the berries on this one and sponged around the edges of the panel with tea dye distress ink:



supplies for both cards: kraft, cranberry and green cardstock, Lawn Fawn Bannerific banner and birds, Hero Arts CL464 Sending Holiday cheer (sentiment), StampCityUSA #JZ034-M (wreath), Memento markers to color, Skipping Stones Design "Heartsong " (music), Adirondack Cranberry ink, Sugarloaf damask stamp from Pat Catan's, Christmas Red Stickles, tea dye distress ink

Which one do you prefer?  

18 comments:

Shelley said...

Beautiful!

Betty said...

both cards are really great but i like the music background the best - just seems a bit more complete.

Barb said...

I love them both, Lin! The banner and heart wreath look like they were made for each other! If I had to pick a fave, it would be the first one - so beautiful, just simply stamped and colored!

Tracey said...

WOW your pairing of stamps is amazing Lin!! Gorgeous card!!

Anne said...

I love both of these cards Lin- great way to combine all the stamps together so beautifully. I like the first one a wee bit better :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are pretty Lin! Love the one with the music note background a wee bit more :)

Brenda said...

I don't thikn I have a preference at all Lin, I find them both beautiful! That heart wreath is just so pretty!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is gorgeous Lin! Such a perfect Holiday Card! LOVE the design, the coloring, the colors - yes - everything about it!

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful cards lin...the first one is so simple but absolutely stunning...hugs kath xxx

Dawn T said...

both are lovely, but the second one is just stunning. I love the added elements

Tina said...

How gorgeous they are.

joy said...

Both cards are so pretty, it's hard to pick one. But, I am drawn to the second one just because I love the music in the background and the overstamping on the banner. Beautiful work, Lin! I can tell you had fun with these.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Lin! These cards are just lovely... both of them! Love the banner across the heart - it's so cute and happy. Hope you have a great week. :-)

Sanne said...

These are so elegant Lin - Now that is really christmas!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Love both of these cards - so beautiful & elegant. Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

MarcyK924 said...

I happen to love them both for different reasons - The one with the music is more like a style I would use. ANYTHING with music and very vintage. But the first one is more CAS and I am always in awe of people who know when to stop and put it down!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful wreaths of holly. Love the banner across it is a perfect fit. I love both of them but the first one drew my eye to the heart and banner.

Laurel said...

What a fantastic holiday creation!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.