Monday, October 17, 2011

My Mind's Eye Fall sketch

I've become a real fan of My Mind's Eye design papers.  Until recently I didn't have access to them, but Archiver's is carrying them now, and I make a bee-line to that area every time I can get there.  At the My Mind's Eye Blog, there's a challenge and the winner gets to choose the collection of her choice!  What could be better?!  Here is the sketch:

MME_CardSketch_2011_10

And here is my very loose interpretation of it, using all papers from their Stella & Rose "Mabel" pad - I just couldn't choose which ones to use, so I used most of the autumnal colors from it:



supplies: cream card base, dps from Mabel 6 x 6 pad, PSX stamp #G-3322 (from 2002), inked with spiced marmalade, fired brick, tea dye and vintage photo distress inks and detailed with markers, hand-dyed seam binding (spiced marmalade), twine, large orange and small brown buttons, lace

And since there's a nice selection of ribbon, lace, and twine here, I'd also like to enter this into Really Reasonable Ribbon's Fun 4 Fall challenge.

20 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Oh what a gorgeous fall card! Love the collage of acorns, leaves and that butterfly! :)

Alice said...

such pretty fall colors and details. gorgeous card, Lin! love it!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! You used the My Mind's Eye paper so fabulously! Looks like a WINNER to me...it is DESERVING!!

Brenda said...

That is a very beautiful Fall card Lin! Those rich colours are stunning and I really like that button and beautiful crinkle ribbon!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! This is gorgeous--LOVE the orange theme and the papers! LOVE your inking and the bow--GOOOOORGEOUS:)

Sanne said...

Lovely fall card Lin - great use of stamps, too!

Arlene said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I so love those colors, the lace, the beautiful bow, sigh!

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful card Lin, love the focal stamp image! You are very clever with Fall cards!

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card Lin. So elegant.

Maureen Morton said...

Love your take on this sketch! Your card is so rich - great, warm colors and so much detail. Lovely, just lovely.

MarcyK924 said...

Well, this is up on my top ten favs of yours now! OH EM GEE!! I can't stop looking at it! STUNNING!!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I love all the sweet, tangerine colors on this card, very beautiful, Lin!

Kelly Booth said...

What a great sketch Lin...Just Love your card with all the oranges...Hugs!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lin you are fabulous at mixing your stamped designs with patterned papers. Terrific fall colors.

Dorothy C. said...

I love everything about this card! I just checked and 'Yep, I have that stamp'. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Leni said...

I agree, My Minds Papers are great for cards!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the lace trim edging your panels. Lovely main image too and the blended distress inks. Good luck!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful fall card Lin! Lovin' all the MME DP!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

WOWEE! Love this card Lin! So many pretty elements and that ribbon is fabulous... all of it is wonderful! :-)

Lucille K said...

Beautiful card, Lin. The coloring is everything Autumn should be :)