Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day!


It's rainy and dreary here, a perfect day to stay in and play at our craft!  Hope you are able to do the same!  I have several cards I want to make for some challenges, so I'll just add to this during the day.

Here is my first, made for the Hero Arts Blog challenge this weekend:


supplies: red and white cardstock, The Paper Studio "Classic Snowflakes Blue" dp, Hero Arts CL558 Snowflake Ornaments, versamark ink and white embossing powder, CL462 Magic of Christmas, Memento Tuxedo Black ink and clear embossing powder, K5242 Big Pine Bough, Memento Cottage Ivy ink, glue pen and glitter, red embroidery floss


And a tag for the 25th Scramble at Hero Arts Flickr, hosted by Arlene:


supplies: tag, Hero Arts E3375 Fall Memories, CL338 Be Yourself, CG152 Two Birds, S5507 Envelope Pattern, Anita's Teddy Bear brown ink, lots of distress inks


I started this next one this morning, but had to put it aside to do the Scramble above.  It's for the Skipping Stones Design blog, using my new set of stamps that I received from Kryssi this week.  It's the first inking - I just made a simple 1-layer card, starting with the acrylic block technique to make the background rectangle, defined a little more with a blue colored pencil to bring out the blue in the bird.  Then I just added some heart buttons and a twine bow.  I love all the elements in this musical set and I know I'll use the sentiments often!


supplies: blue and ivory parchment card stock, Skipping Stones Designs "Heartsong" stamps, antique linen, tea dye and vintage photo distress inks, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, blue prismacolor pencil

19 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

Love them both. The tag really captures autumn right now.
http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com

Ann said...

Aww I love these cards - especially those gorgeous red and white hearts. Feel really bad that I haven't made a card today Lin - could I borrow one of yours! ;o) Thanks for visiting me as always - I just love your comments - you are so kind they always give me a boost!

Ida said...

Wonderful! I really love the bird card and the pretty pop of the read hearts.

MarcyK924 said...

L.O.V.E. these cards!! The ornament hanging on the branch is calling at me! It's so clean and fresh. And that little bluebird with the music is precious with those heart buttons!

You have some serious mojo, Lin!! I needed to visit to see if it would rub off on me! xoxo

Barb said...

Love those beautiful heart ornaments hanging from the sparkly branch, Lin! Your tag for the scramble is gorgeous - love the colors and layers! And you sweet card with the bird is so pretty too! Glad you're having fun today! Hugs! :)

Dawn T said...

Your cards and tag are delightful. Love the way you added the bird on your last card. Love the soft blue and the browns together.

slbt17 said...

lovely Lin - I love them all - you have such a brilliant sense of color!
Thanks for kick starting me and my inspiration.
Sandra ltb

Stephanie said...

Lin......Your cards are just beautiful. Love that you used Heart Song and did so on a flat, mailable card!!! That touch of blue makes everything tie together perfectly. Thanks for joining us over at SSD!

susanne said...

I love all of your cards Lin ... just beautiful! Your musical bird/heart card is absolutely precious!

Judy1223 said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, and gorgeous! Wow, Lin!

stampingandstitching said...

These are all wonderful, Lin! It's great to see you had such an inky WCMD!

Maureen Morton said...

You are a gal after my own Heart - I love them too! And you have incorporated them so beautifully in these masterpieces. I love the red with the light blue on the first card, and that fantastic acrylic block background on the third....Wow! Amazing; simply amazing!

cheiron said...

What a collection of beautiful cards today! I absolutely love those heart ornaments!

Jacqueline said...

Lin, that bird on the branch card is just lovely, and I also LOVE the tag you made, beautiful crafting my friend!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lin how do I pick? The hanging ornaments on your holiday card are wonderful and the autumn color on your fall tag are spectacular. Then you go and throw in another gorgeous card!!

Jingle said...

Lin, these are wonderful! Your Skipping Stones card is gorgeous! Thanks for celebrating WCMD with us! (I don't know if you saw the answer on your blog, but you are more than welcome to enter more than once! YAY!)

Alice said...

wow! beautiful work, Lin! they are all so different and pretty in their own ways. love them all!

Karen B. said...

All these cards are so beautiful! I love the softness in the third. Thanks for playing at SSD for WCMD!

Suzanne C said...

The hearts are gorgeous. The vintage card at the end is so pretty and charming and the fall tag is wonderful!