Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Diva Dare

At the Verve Stamps blog, this month our challenge is to CASE-a-Diva!  I chose Betty Wright's gorgeous card (2nd one in her post) because she showcased the lovely leaf sprig from the Bloom & Grow set.  That same leaf sprig was what influenced me to get the set.  Here's my card:


supplies: ivory cardstock, Basic Grey dp, Nesties scalloped oval die, Cheery Lynn butterfly die, Verve VS-0144 Bloom & Grow set, stamped in peeled paint distress ink, my own dyed seam binding, Basic Grey brad, Hero Arts spring art flowers, pale pink pearls.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Absolutely stunning Lin- love the ribbon and brad here and the paper you used!

Judy1223 said...

GORGEOUS again, Lin! Lovely pp in the background!

Brenda said...

Oh Lin! I love that dainty blue butterfly and the beautiful ribbon against that lovely patterned paper! This truly is a special card! Happy WCMD Lin!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is gorgeous--beautiful design and papers--but that butterfly took my breath away:) LOOOOOOVE!

MarcyK924 said...

Oh Lin, this is just beautiful. I love Betty's work - she has such a distinct style. Your style is what I love about your cards! So feminine and pretty.

Maureen said...

oh, my!! LOVE that ribbon and brad :) Gorgeous! And that butterfly is da bomb!! THUD!! So glad you played with us on the Diva Dare :) TFS

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just beautiful! Love that gorgeous butterfly and the soft elegance to your card.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful flowery background with the lovely butterfly!

Betty Wright said...

Lin, this is wonderful! I am so honor to have you CASE one of my cards! Gorgeous colors and details! Yes, one can never go wrong with a sprig! I LOVE that dainty butterfly! Beautiful!