Monday, September 14, 2015

Beautiful Fall

Here's another card for the current Hero Arts Makeover Challenge, in honor of my favorite season:


supplies: Hero Arts Simple Leaf Background, stamped in their Butter to Orange ombre ink, Hello Stamp & Cut set, mandarin layering paper, die-cut leaves, one of them on a cherry wood veneer

This is a loose take on a sketch from Hero Arts back in August 2012.  It has become one of my favorite go-to sketches.  I combined it with elements from this inspiration card:



For my updated card, I started with the same Simple Leaf Background stamp and stamped it using HA's ombre Butter to Orange stamp pad, then cut it into a panel.  I inlaid my die-cut sentiment, lined the panel in mandarin layering paper, and added some die-cut maple leaves, one of which is cut from a cherry wood veneer.  

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are both beautiful Lin!!

~amy~ said...

Love them both!

Betty said...

wonderful makeover Lin - i'm loving these makeover projects - so interested to see how our styles have evolved

LauraJane:) said...

Super make over Lin...the inking is subtlety soft.

Dotty Jo said...

Superb! Jo x

Dawn T said...

totally awesome remake Lin. Lovely card. The colours are awesome

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous makeover of your original card ;-)