Friday, September 18, 2015

And one more makeover card.......and a winner!

Before I get started, I'd like to announce the random winner from the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge STAMPtember Blog Hop from my blog!  It is.......

Natalie at NGCards

Congratulations!  Simon Says Stamp will be getting in touch with you so that you can claim your prize!  Now back to normal programming......

At the new Hero Arts blog, the challenge is to choose one of your own cards and make it over, using at least 1 Hero Arts element.

I chose this Father's Day card:


and made it into a Mother's Day card:


supplies: Hero Arts Edged Fabric with Flowers, Butterfly & Flowers Stamp & Cut, and Happy Stamp & cut, Spectrum Aqua markers, Ranger liquid platinum embossing powder, platinum cardstock, moonshine sequins

(First let me say that this photograph is not true to color, but I don't know what to do to fix it.  It was photographed in good natural light, so it's something with my camera, Picasa, or just this monitor.  The background and card base are actually a true PINK bubblegum color - to me it's reading more of a dark peach or salmon.)  

I used a Rose Pink watercolor marker to color my background stamp, then spritzed it with water and stamped.  The butterflies were also colored with various watercolor markers before they were die-cut with the matching die in their set.

Weekend again!  Hope it's a great one!!

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the make over - it's a stunner!
I use a freebie programme called photoscape, and when my colours distort I can often correct them in it.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

What a fun make-over, Lin! I love both cards!

jintyoo7 said...

Terrific makeover LIn - but both cards are equally gorgeous :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, what a great makeover, and I love the edged fabric background. And the butterflies are perfect along with the word die. Very updated I'd say! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific makeover Lin!! I am swooning over those pretty butterflies and the sweet floral background!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy makeover for Mom, Lin - just love the yellow butterfly among the pink ones! That Father's Day card is still a fave, though - so serene with those ferns!!

Leni said...

Hi Lin, I love the idea of a fathers day card turned into a mothers day card! The card turned out beautiful! And about the color pink: That happens to me more than once, and I find it frustrating as the color on the photo is different as it is in real life. But I don't know what to do about it. I read something in your comments I must try ! Wish you so much fun and inspiration!

Clare said...

Such a cool transformation, Lin! I missed the fathers day card, and I love the design! Perfect for guys! It transferred beautifully to that mothers day card, with the butterflies! And yeah, photographing cards can be such a pain in the butt sometimes lol. I don't know how some carmakers get such consistency