Friday, September 4, 2015

Simon's September Card Kit

This month's Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp has some really fun elements this time.

The acetate cards inside the kit really intrigued me, and there is something there for everyone!  For my first card, I was especially drawn to this gold leafy branch design, and used it to make a shaker card, possibly for an autumn birthday.


supplies: all supplies from Simon's September Card Kit, except melon cardstock used on sentiment, Ranger Super Fine detail gold embossing powder, and Simon's Fall Festival sequins

The papers in this kit from PinkFresh Studios are so unusual, and I chose 2 of them for this next card.  I just stamped my sentiment from the new Birthday Bits clear stamp set in the kit over the balloons, and added some of the small elements at the top left corner, along with some of my own sequins.




We are FINALLY getting some rain here this morning; a welcome relief from those humid temperatures we've been having lately - love having the windows open once again!  I wish you all in the states a fabulous Labor Day weekend!

6 comments:

Sue McRae said...

I am totally smitten with your soft and dreamy shaker card and your patterned paper choices for the birthday card are fabulous!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Lin - what a great way to use the elements of the kit, Jo x

Barb said...

Both cards are so unique, Lin! Love each of them! Gorgeous work, as always, my friend! ♥

Lisa Elton said...

These are both beautiful Lin!! I love the soft look they have!

Cindy C. said...

Both very beautiful and trendy!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Lin - so 'different' and lovely - love the graphic look to them.
Blessings
Maxine