Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hero Arts Makeover Challenge

Hero Arts has unveiled a brand new website and store this month, and their challenge to go along with it is to "take a trip down memory lane, select an existing project as inspiration, and change it up somehow to create a new project."  What a fun idea!  I looked back through my flickr Hero Arts cards and chose this one from 2013 as my inspiration:  





I updated it using some newer stamp & cut sets:


supplies: white and black cardstock, Hero Arts Butterfly & Flowers and Hello stamp & die sets, flower sequins, wink of stella on flowers and butterfly, markers to color

There will be 4 winners chosen, so I hope you'll play along too!  Thanks for stopping by today.

13 comments:

Betty said...

love seeing the makeovers and how we evolve our style - yours is wonderful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of these are so pretty Lin, you were obviously ahead of the times when you created the first. It is still super stylish!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous! Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Such a bright pretty card Lin, I love the CAS design!

Leni said...

Love the first card still, but great how you used the design with newer stamps. It has a fresh look! And the sentiment has such a fun and happy style!

Arlene said...

Love them both. I love the pop the butterfly gives the design.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm in love with the original and the rest is equally beautiful!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Both cards are pretty Lin, but the second one is more vibrant and welcoming.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Lin. Just love the new one.

CherylQuilts said...

What a great idea, Lin! I love both cards, but I can see how our styles change...for the good. I love the new card! It's amazing to see how our styles and the trends change. I love the dies and dimension of your new one. Great makeover and always love your style - old or new! Hugs!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both cards, Lin, but those colorful flowers with butterfly are so happy!!

Kara said...

Both are great, but I actually love the original!!

Deepti said...

Awesome! they are both beautiful in their own ways :)