Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Simon Says........Anything Goes!

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

wed-newchallenge-header


As always at the end of each month, our theme is Anything Goes.  The team are playing with Simon Says Stamp exclusive sets.  Since it's the end of October, I decided to do 2 more fall cards before we get rolling on all-Christmas, all-the-time.  My favorite thing about fall is the changing leaves on our trees, so my cards feature trees this week, using some older Simon stamps and dies.


supplies: white, Dark Chocolate, Burnt Orange, Orange Peel, Sunshine, Green Leaf, Schoolhouse Red, Lipstick Red card stock, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Fall dp, Simon's All Seasons Tree and Stitched Rectangle dies, sentiment from Sugar Pea Designs Fall Fox, fun foam

Since this design is so simple, I popped 2 of the layers up using fun foam, and lined each one with a bit of plaid.  My next card is a pretty simple design, too.


supplies: white and Audrey Blue cardstock, Simon's One with Nature stamps and Autumn Blessings dies, Nuvo markers to color, MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle die

I scribbled the markers onto white card stock, cut my sentiment from that panel, then inlaid the sentiment and added the finished panel to a blue card - I like the mix of autumn colors and this blue.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift certificate 

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards! Jo x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) both of them are so pretty! I love the 'Fall' colours and design of both of them!

Happy Halloween! :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Cat Craig said...

fabulous fall cards, love how you incorporate blue.

Joy Meadows said...

Your cards are so pretty, Lin! I love the first one - the plaid peeking out is the perfect touch!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful autumn cards! I like the plaid peeking around the edges on the first one!

Stephanie said...

Two stunning designs, Lin! Love the bit of plaid cardstock peeking out in the first design, and the color variation in the sentiment on the second design!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful leafy cards, Lin!! Especially love the tree atop the framed white layers!!

Marge said...

Beautiful autumn cards, Lin ! You expressed fall leaves so well. Love the dimension in the first card especially. TFS!

Marge

Darnell said...

These are both stunning autumn cards, Lin, and how fabulous they are with your incredible blog header! I'm nuts about trees so I love it and I love this spectacular time of year which you have represented so beautifully!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

ankitag612 said...

I adore the layering on the first card and how you have the Autumn Blessings colored and placed on the second. So amazing! I love fall and your cards bring it out so beautifully. xx Ankita