Saturday, October 13, 2018

CASEing Pam

I was bopping along on IG yesterday and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw THIS card by Pam Sparks.  I couldn't get it out of my head, and so this morning, I tried my own version of her gorgeous design.

supplies:2 greens, Cornflower Blue, Soft Navy, and a taupy cardstock, Winnie & Walter Scenery Stripes to stamp plaid, blueprint sketch oxide and VersaFine Onyx black inks, black marker, white pencil, SN@P Wood and Notebook Basics dp, Tim Holtz Mini Holiday Greens and Holiday Words dies, pinecone from a Hero Arts card kit, black watch tartan ribbon

I LOVED Pam's mix of wood and a tartan background, so I made a plaid background based on my family tartan, then found green and blue cardstocks to compliment it for my die-cut sprigs and sentiment.  

Thank you, Pam, for your inspiration!  

9 comments:

Aileen said...

absolutely beautiful card Lyn, your inspiration from Pams card has turned out brilliantly. Love the colours you used.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and the plaid. TFS

Dawn T said...

Amazing Lin. I really love the wood and plaid together.

Unknown said...

Love the wood paper with the plaid......very well done!!

Arlene said...

Beautiful card. It has a richness with the deep dark colors, which the light wood panel brings out. LOVE it.

Debbie said...

So pretty. I like the nontraditional colors and all the layers.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the earthiness this has, it's quite handsome Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Lin - in fact I prefer it over the original that inspired you. A wonderful CASE.
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous case.