Friday, April 3, 2020

A Basket of Posies

It's April, and we are in need of some color!  Spring is progressing here, but not quite fast enough for me, so I made myself a little basket of what might be primroses!



supplies: all Tammy Tutterow Designs goodies: Crafter's Edge Posey Basket, and Posey Flowers, sets 1 - 4, sentiment from her Happy Grams #4 stamp and die set, kraft cardstock, and Doodlebug Designs Rainbow pads in ginghams, dots, stripes, florals, tiny yellow button centers, vintage photo distress ink to edge basket parts

My basket measures about 4 1/4" wide by 5 1/2" tall, and I made it into a card by tracing just the shape of the body of the basket, scoring it at the top, and gluing it to the top of the back of my woven basket.  I used the smallest flowers and leaf from the die sets, which are really made for cutting fabric for quilting, etc, but work just as well using paper.  

Here's a closer picture to show you all the darling little patterns in these Doodlebug pads.  I used both front and reverse of the papers.


If you'd like to see these die sets used for a similar card I made about a year ago, please click HERE.

It was a dreary day when I made this, but I spent some happy hours putting it together.  I hope you are finding some happy hours, too, during this challenging time.  Be well!

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a charming way to bring a little spring into your life!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful project Lin - love all those sweet wee flowers and how they are sitting in a basket :). Our leaves are all colouring p beautifully at the moment, especially the maples.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Your basket of spring flowers is delightful Lin.

I Card Everyone said...

Lin, your basket is adorable, but those posies are just about the sweetest I've ever seen, with their little buttons, and those darling Doodle Bug papers! Just darling!
=]

Cindy C. said...

Such an cute basket full of fun flowers!! It brought me smiles!