Sunday, April 19, 2020

Some Daffodil Cards

My favorite product from a spring release this year at Simon Says Stamp was the Daffodil Stem die.  Here are a couple cards using it.


supplies: white, 2 yellows, and Green Apple cardstock, Daffodil Stem die, a 2005 Hero Arts Spring Memories woodblock stamp, tumbled glass ink, sentiment from Newton's Nook Little Lilies, Sunny Studio Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die, markers for shading

I was tickled to be able to use this old Hero Arts text stamp in the background!

Did you know that there are pink daffodils?  I thought it would be fun to use pinks for my next card.


supplies: white, pink, cream, and Green Leaf card, Daffodil Stem die, Newton's Nook Woodland Spring sentiment, a PTI Mix and Mat die, tumbled glass distress ink, some markers for shading, doodlebug heart sprinkle

These Newton's Nook sentiments have the sweetest font and their size is perfect with this die.

Lastly, I thought I'd do some paper-piecing with my little Doodlebug prints.


supplies: white cardstock, Doodlebug and Sunny Studio dps, Daffodil Stem die, sentiment and banner die from (sold out) Hero Arts January card kit

Here I used 3 layers for the orange part of the flower for some dimension.

Thanks so much for your visit today! 

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are delightful Lin, love the gingham version!

Dawn T said...

fabulous cards. Totally in love with your gingham one. It's incredible

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful daffodils Lin - loving the variations you have achieved with the differing colours and techniques
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

What a lovely ode to these delightful daffodils! Lin, you must ROCK at jigsaw puzzles!
=]