Sunday, April 12, 2020

Some Easter Cards

I have some cards for Easter today that I made for my family.   First up, a card using a lovely die from last year.


supplies: white and Lavender cardstock, Simon's Outline Floral Cross die, sentiment from Tiny Words Faith, MFT Radiating Rays stencil, squeezed lemonade distress oxide ink, Nuvo markers to color flowers and leaves, yellow enamel dots

I started with my stencilled panel, then cut the floral cross and adhered it to the panel.  The flowers and leaves were colored and put back into place, then the panel was framed and attached to my card base, before popping up the cross and adding a few enamel dots to the flower centers.

Easter Jubilee is the name of the stencil/stamp/die kit that The Greetery released this year.  Here are 2 cards that I made with it.



supplies: white cardstock, striped dp from Sunny Studio Rainbow Bright pad, Easter Jubilee kit, colored with Altenew mini inks and Nuvo Creative Pens

The set is designed so that you put down the basic layers with stencils, then add details with stamps, and finish it with the letter dies.  I used alcohol markers to color the letters, and then matched those colors as best I could for the stencilled and stamped flowers and leaves.  My sentiment is one of 4 small ones that are included in the stamp set.

Here's another, with softer colors.


supplies: white, Cotton Candy, and pale yellow cardstock, Easter Jubilee kit

This time I left my letters white and added a banner for the rest of my sentiment.  Pink and yellow tulips in these pastel colors have been a favorite of mine for spring since I saw them in a garden years ago.  Tulips are unreliable for us in our gardens; something always eats them!  So I have to be content with making paper gardens.

I think these letter dies are so lovely - I need to sit down and come up with some other words that I can arrange them into, so I get more use from them!  The little banner is also included in this set, and is made to fit the sentiments perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Betty said...

all beautiful, Lin! a joyous Easter to you and your family!!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous collection, Happy Easter.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Happy Easter wishes, Lin! Just love your beautiful Easter cards, especially the flowery cross!!

Dawn T said...

All stunning Lin. Love that alpha die. The letters are really so pretty. Happy Easter

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Lin- loving the cross die cut!
Easter blessings to you and yours
Stay safe
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

I'm sure your family was felt blessed, and comforted by your gorgeous cards, Lin... love the first the very most - it really compliments your blog header - and your genius paper puzzling skills are showing again!
LOve those EASTER alphas! You might have started a game... here are my words:
EAT, TEA, TEE, SET, SAT, STAR, EAST, EATS, EASE, REST, ASTER, STEER... lol
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful trio of Easter cards. Love the one with the cross. TFS

Connie Minnich said...

Happy Easter Season! Thanks for the inspiration. Another word to try - treats. Maybe orange on black or black letters on an orange card with a spider web 'doily'. Can't wait to see your Mother's Day cards.

Lisa Elton said...

ALL beautifully done! Happy belated Easter!