Friday, April 17, 2020

Knock on Wood, part 2

I was really inspired by our theme for this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, so much so that I have 2 more cards for today following that theme.

Both of my cards today use wood plank design papers as an element. This first one is very similar to Wednesday's card, I just changed up the elements.


supplies: white cardstock, woodplank design paper, Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems 1 dies, colored with distress inks and a sponge dauber, Lumber embossing folder, sentiment sticker, twine bow

I thought these daisies would look good against this wood plank design paper, and I embossed it too, thought it doesn't show up very well in my picture.  

Next, a spray of little flowers dies, also against a wood plank paper.


supplies: white and Surf Blue cardstock, Craft Consortium Wood Textures paper pad, Tim Holtz Funky Foliage dies, plus 2 yellow flower dies from my scrapbag, distress inks to color, Simon Stitched Circle and Small Hello dies, aqua and white pearls for flower centers.

I cut a circle from the woodgrain paper, mounted it on my card base, then constructed a little flower swag around part of it.  As above, most of the flowers and ferns were cut from white cardstock, then colored with distress inks.

Thank you for stopping by.

5 comments:

Hilda Burton said...

These are wonderful spring cards, Lin. Beautiful in every way. Be well. Enjoy your day!

I Card Everyone said...

Both lovely, Lin! That second one deserves to be a mat in a glass-free frame, with some cute little girl's photo inside!
=]

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards. Love all the flowers and foliage and how they pop against the woodgrain backgrounds. TFS.

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous Card Lin. Love them equally well.

Unknown said...

Love the first one especially with the touch o greenish blue color! Both look wonderful. Thanks for sharing.