Monday, April 20, 2020

A Set of Cards

Today I'm playing with The Greetery's Botanicut Sunflower dies.  After I'd made the first card, I really liked how the color looked so much richer against the kraft cardstock, so I decided to make a set of 4 cards, each using the common element of kraft cardstock plus another pastel, and changing up the sentiments for each.


supplies: kraft, Cotton Candy, yellow, Lavender, Surf Blue, and Green Leaf cardstock, plus darker shades of pinks, yellows, purples and aquas, The Greetery Botanicuts Sunflower dies, Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle die, sentiment dies from My Favorite Things and Winnie & Walter

Here are my cards one by one.








Each of these uses the same recipe, to start with the palest of each color, and use it for the base of the flowers, the sentiment, and the card base, then use darker shades of that color for the flowers.  The Hemstitch Rectangle, a workhorse for me, helps to break up the kraft just enough.

We're off to a new week, another week closer to returning to normal, I hope!  Stay home, please!

13 comments:

stamp500 said...

Love these cards. Never noticed these dies before--a must have.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

These are delightful Lin. Love that you mounted on matching card.

Cindy H. said...

These are all just so gorgeous!

kiwimeskreations said...

how beautiful Lin. Loving all the dies - that hemstitched rectangle is starting to call my name more and more loudly!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

What a lovely set of cards Lin. That die really makes the flowers pop

I Card Everyone said...

Lin, I love your style! This design could go on for days, couldn't it? Different dies, same kraft... btw whose kraft cardstock do you like the best? This one is lovely!
=]

Cat Craig said...

You know I love yellow...but this time that aqua grabbed me. Fabulous with the kraft.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful set of cards. Love the colors and design of each one. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

That sure is a pretty flower die and I love the way you've used it! I think the pink is my favorite!

Christine said...

The cards are beautiful! I tried to search for the dies but came up with a loss. Would it be possible to share the links for the dies? One company seems like they are closed. I love the font style of the dies.

Lin said...

Thank you, Christine! If you go to the picture of all 4 cards together, and look underneath it, there is a paragraph that lists all of the supplies. Anything that is in blue print is a link - click directly on those words, and you'll be taken to Simon Says Stamp to see that item. The sentiment stamps are from different companies: hello and thanks are retired dies from My Favorite Things and hugs and smiles are retired dies from Winnie & Walter, which sadly has gone out of business. But if you do a search for "sentiment dies" I'm sure you can find something similar. Hero Arts, for example, has some nice script sentiment dies.

Kiwigirl said...

Beautiful dies.... there’s something special about sunflowers and daisies to me. Thank you for sharing.

Lera said...

Loved it......which kind of material use for Flowers